Friday, February 24, 2012

Latest Haul from Book Sale: A Coffee Table Book, a Batman: Year One TPB plus Dune & Star Trek books

I just got the best bargain of all from Book Sale last night. I was able to buy Batman: Year One TPB, one of the most critically-acclaimed Batman stories of all time, for only P130 at Book Sale. WOW! Unbelievable, yes! That's what I enjoy the most about Book Sale. The pure joy of discovery! I came in not knowing what to buy but I came out with treasures in my hand! This Book Geek is one happy person :)

Actually, I came into Book Sale twice last night. The first time I was there I discovered a beautiful and inspiring coffee table book called Adirondack Moments with pictures by James Kraus. Being also an amateur photographer, I was quickly inspired and captivated by the wonderful photographs and captions inside the book. I did not know where Adirondack was but after browsing the photographs, I want to know where it is and having this excellent coffee table book is the next best thing. And for only P90, I did not think twice about buying it.

Upon digging in the bargain shelves, I chanced upon two pocketbooks of two series that I am currently collecting. The first was House Harkonnen.  This was my sixth book in my ever-expanding collection of Dune novels. The other was book I found was the fifth entry of the Star Trek New Frontier series of books by Peter David. I already have books 1-4, 7, 9 and 10 in this series set in the Star Trek universe.

When I was about to pay for these books, I noticed a copy of Batman: Year One TPB near the cashier. I didn't pay much attention since I was thinking that it might cost around P300 to P400 and I'm already out of cash. But I did check it out, being a big Batman fan that I am, while the cashier took my payment and I was surprised to discover that the TPB costs only P130. So I immediately requested the cashier if she could keep it for me for awhile while I withdraw some money and promised to come back later to buy it.

So that's it! The story of one of my most valuable hauls from Book Sale. Till next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...