Monday, October 3, 2011

#NowReading The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan

After watching the very successful Game of Thrones series by HBO, I am now ready to dive in and lose myself into my first fantasy epic.  At first I decided to read Game of Thrones but since I only have the first book I decided to read it later until I have the rest of the series.  So I looked upon my library to check out a fanstasy epic to read.  I have some books in The Sword of Truth series, some books in the Wheel of Time series and the complete books in the ultimate fantasy epic of all time, The Lord of the Rings.

I was still deciding on which fantasy epic to read when I saw this post on the official Tor.com site about the redesigned covers for the Wheel of Time ebooks.  That got my attention right away and ultimately sealed my decision on which fantasy epic to read.  I will now be reading The Eye of the World, and hopefully I would be able to read the rest of the series.

Here's a little more info on David Grove, the cover artist, from Tor.com:
David Grove, an Illustrators’ Hall of Famer, is a statesmen in the field whose work has remained fresh and vibrant over four decades and counting. Harriet liked that his ethereal and elegant style would reflect a sense of dignity and history in the book. It seemed a natural to start the series with a portrait of a young Rand beginning an epic journey, the scope of which he could perhaps sense but not truly grasp. David’s luminescent paint lights Rand from within. In a way, it seems to be a portrait of Rand best seen at this time, when readers know so much about what lies ahead of him.
Almost all of the redesigned covers are exceptional and I plan to post them here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...