Monday, October 3, 2011

Dune by Frank Herbert


After the storm abated Tuesday last week, I was still able to drop by and browse the Book Sale at SM San Lazaro after dinner.  Not much are new except for the big LotR coffeetable books which I plan to buy on my next payday.

I was about to go home when I discovered a newer version of the SF classic, Dune.  I think I already have the older version but I liked the cover of this better so I bought it.  Dune is highly-regarded as the Lord of the Rings of the SF genre and it has won numerous awards (Hugo and Nebula Awards) and is frequently cited as the world's bestselling SF novel.

It's sad that I haven't really read any of the Dune novels but I plan to change all that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...