Monday, October 10, 2011

Another point for Printed Books in the ongoing face-off between E-books and Printed Books

I started to read The Eye of the World e-book on my Android device before I went to sleep last Saturday.  It was a fun chapter but since I'm already tired from the whole day's activities I started to doze off and down went my hand along with my Android device which eventually crashed on the floor.  It was a good thing that it was enclosed in a protective cover and that ensured its safety.

Which brings me to my point.  If I've been reading a printed book it would just be perfectly OK if I dropped it on the floor even after I dozed off (Well, not really since I'm somewhat OC and I don't want the corners of my books to be damaged, but that's another story for another post.) and not be worrying about a damaged gadget. So that's another big point for printed books!

So what do you guys think?  E-books or printed books?  Can there be only one?  Or will they be able to co-exist?  I'm rooting for the latter since both e-books and printed books have each of their own advantages.  BTW, I saw this cool Tale of the Tape graphics from Newsweek:


Further Reading: http://mashable.com/2010/07/19/reading-faceoff-e-books-vs-print-books/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...